Wednesday, February 16, 2011

birthday rap contest

So teaching high school English can be a little boring. I've already read all of the material, it's dry, they don't get it, etc. Because of this, and because my birthday is on Friday (and I really don't want to be bored on my birthday) I came up with "Ms. L's birthday rap challenge"...

The requirements:
- The beat is Sean Kingston's "feel like letting go" and they have to change those words to "I feel like writing, oh" (I know, I know...)
- One simile
- One metaphor
- One example of personification
- One allusion to something we've read

So far we have similes comparing me to Edgar Allen Poe, references to our disciplinarian who may or may not hit students with his belt, and lines which take full advantage of the fact that I said it had to be PG-13 as opposed to G.

Stay tuned, as I'm going to try to post a video (or at least a youtube link) after the winner has been decided Friday.

It was also during this class that a student asked me when I was born. I always lie about this question, so I said "'76." She (VERY) seriously responded, "1876 or 1976?"

.........................

1 comment:

  1. can't wait for the video! good luck, lil wayne! hope the guest judges enjoy the event! oh...and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! i love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete